Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Preppy Things/Pretty Things

The Pretty Things.

They started out so neatly dressed. My bruv seems to think they were mostly adored by Rockers, but I have to say I detect a certain Mod influence here. They were generally regarded as a sort of uncombed Rolling Stones, but these were the old days. By modern standards they're positively preppy.


Midnight to Six, 1966

By 1969, that had worn off. In this short clip, I can detect all those elements that lead people to believe that those who really lived the Sixties can't remember any of it. This clip could be the artist's model for all those freak-out scenes in movies. (Including bare feet and Twink, two of the most essential elements in my book.)


Unnamed clip, 1969

Stirring stuff.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.