Friday, July 24, 2009

Oh Shit

Obama has made former Monsanto lobbyist Michael Taylor the Senior Advisor to the FDA's Commissioner on Food Safety. And it's rumored that Dennis Wolff will be the Under-Secretary of Agriculture for Food Safety.

Wolff and Taylor are responsible for not only bringing in, but in many respects enforcing the use of, genetically engineered foods and in particular recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH/rBST).

I'm not a crank about genetically engineered foods - I'm actually a qualified genetic engineer, though I'm not currently practicing - and I've no objection to a little tweaking here and there. But the damage that Monsanto in particular, and genetically engineered foods in general, have done to America's standing as a food producer, and to the health of American citizens, is saddening.

For Obama to appoint a former lobbyist for Monsanto to any position except restroom cleanliness maintenance officer is a sign of soft-headedness.

Here are some articles on the subject.

Prison Planet
Huffington Post

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.