Sunday, August 02, 2009

More Art

A lot of The Dead Weather art is ugly and brutal. After years of saccharine red and white White Stripes pictures of brother and sister hand in hand pretending to be 11 and depicted as matryoshkas or Pearly Kings, the new images of bullets, guns, mechanicals, bear teeth and bird claws seem quite a departure.

Here's a picture of a poster on sale at one show.




It looks like something an Ainu and an Inuit put together while tripping on their respective shaman's intoxicated reindeer urine. Though when I was at school I heard a rumor that Julie Smith's dad kept one in the woodshed at their farm in Eskdaleside. (Not that they talked about it much.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.