Thursday, January 28, 2010

It Might Get Loud. Kashmir.

Here's Jimmy Page teaching Jack White and The Edge how to play Kashmir, one of the outtakes on the DVD of It Might Get Loud.

I'm interested in how he mentions the tuning "DADGAD" for the first time and a minute later, everyone is magically in DADGAD tuning. But apart from that, it's a fine piece.

Jimmy does his bit, and the others follow.





Jack White has intense concentration on his face and Edge is definitely paying attention. Jimmy, meanwhile, is rocking his hips as he plays, the characteristic Jimmy Page movement since 1968. He's not thrusting his hips to wow the chicks. That movement is how he plays guitar. These scenes are great. I love this movie.

1 comment:

Bruv said...

Hi Sis

Got my copy of It Might Get Loud yesterday, UK behind US on releases as usual. Been in hospital again, will email, so haven't had chance to play it. Just waiting for you know who to go to bed as she wouldn't appreciate it.

Bruv

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.