Friday, April 09, 2010

So good to me

Here's the Mamas & the Papas with their tuneful ode to my new car, Hyundai Hyundai.



Hm, I've never actually listened to the words. Could be a diss. Still, very easy on the ears. As is my new car.

Ham sandwiches all round!

And while we're at it, here's the Dead Weather's Die By the Drop video that caused so much angst the other day. We all have it now and I'm sure we all wonder what the fuss was about.



Edit: scratch the paragraph below. I'm told this only plays in America. FFS, record companies, why don't you make things available if you want people to buy your stuff? If you're outside the US, try this copy here: http://vimeo.com/10741404

This is the official one from the official site, so no DMCAs please. (Although, as it happens, Third Man Records, I have a pirate site I'd like to report to you for something. Feel free to give me your 1-800-WE-TIP address so I can get that off my chest.)

Actually I've moved on from the A side, DBTD, to the B side, Old Mary. It starts with a parody of the Hail Mary, then goes on to...something else. Something Dead Weatherish. it's hard to claim that any band in 2010 could be forging new ground, but the Dead Weather are certainly finding new slants on the old angles, as hustlers used to say. (And probably stopped saying around 1955, but I still remember reading it as a youth.)

Or is it "the Dead Weather is forging new ground"? I'll never get used to American plurals for groups.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.