Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lucifer Rising vinyl available

Jimmy Page has made his previously unreleased soundtrack for the Kenneth Anger film Lucifer Rising available through his website.

I covered the long and not always happy story of the relationship between Page and Anger in this post in 2009.  Suffice it to say that Anger decided that Page was not the right man for the job, and he went with a soundtrack by convicted murder and Manson Family member Bobby Beausoleil instead.  However, Page had completed his soundtrack and it appeared on at least one print. This allowed it to be bootlegged, and it was circulated briefly as a vinyl bootleg, and eventually found its way on to the internet. Now it's available in a cleaned-up, remastered version, and judging by the stream on Page's website, it sounds very nice indeed.

I attempted to get a deluxe copy, and I attempted to get a signed deluxe copy - no dice. I wonder how oversubscribed they were?

I didn't really want a regular vinyl of it, since I have it as a bootleg, but if something becomes officially available, you are kind of honor bound to buy it. So I did. It only took about fifteen minutes of navigating through the website to actually get it in the cart. The real angst will come later, when the huge flat vinyl package arrives and has to be signed for (there was no 'leave it on the doorstep' option).  I suppose I can work on that later.


2 comments:

Bruv said...

Hi Sis

I applied for the signed delux version, but was offered the straight delux version. I don't know if the offer is still open, but I can check if you are interested.

Bruv

Lyle Hopwood said...

Thanks, but it's almost certainly too late. Those transferred offers sold out within a few minutes of them being emailed out.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.