Thursday, March 22, 2012

Quote of the day

Ye Olde Pork Pie Shop, owned by Dickinson & Morris, who've been pieing since 1851, is the centre of baking excellence in Melton and stands out as a rather incongruous foodie mecca among the town's other rather staid shops. Its cabinets are brimming with bovine delights and we're spoilt for choice. 
From My Hunt for Great British Grub, in the Independent.

I'm not convinced that a pork shop would be brimming with bovine anything. Usually pork pies are of the porcine persuasion. A quick look at Dickinson and Morris' online catalog confirms the suspicion. Possibly the Independent inherited the Grauniad's proof-readers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.