Sunday, September 09, 2012

Beans

Recently a friend of mine gave me a bag containing a pound of dried navy beans which he had bought by accident but could not eat, as he doesn't consume products from China, a country he believes utilizes slave labor.  He helpfully pointed out the words "Produce of China" at the bottom of the ingredients list. Having no such qualms, I took the bag home and prepared to soak the beans. The first instruction read "Examine the product and discard all foreign matter." After I had accomplished that, I found I had no need to go on to step two.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.