Friday, September 14, 2012

Here they come - Tim Buckley on The Monkees

Tim Buckley, father of Jeff, was on the wacky and zany Monkees TV show with the haunting Song to the Siren.



You can't tell from that clip what an odd program The Monkees really was. Running from 1966 to 1968 in the US, it featured the original pre-fab four in a show that quickly dropped its ersatz Summer of Love facade and veered in almost-Spike-Milliganesque surreal territory. Here's the full esipode that hosted Tim Buckley.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.