Thursday, April 04, 2013

Human Brainome Project

Apropos yesterday's comment about the BRAIN project, I was listening to the radio on Wednesday and they interviewed someone or other in the Brains Community who said, "The human brain is the most complex  object in the universe."

Is it? Is that some sort of guesstimated fact, or is it one of those things like "humans only use ten percent of their brains" and "turkey makes you sleepy because tryptophan and BRAINS" that everyone knows but are bullshit?

Surely a whale's brain, being larger, is more complex? And what about those four-square mile funguses and Pando? Or does it only count if the complex object in question has developed Auschwitz, the atom bomb and Kim Jong-Un?


Emo Philips: “I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me this.”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.