Thursday, October 29, 2015

Short story: Nereid

I have a new story, Nereid, up for anyone to read at my Livejournal.

The story looks at some scenes in the life of a rich, famous rock star and the supernatural being who pursues him.  I'm putting it up for Halloween, but his Nereid is not very scary - unless you're afraid of being drowned, which he is. She's not truly evil, either, merely implacable and very, very focused on him.

When I first put this tale out readers said, "She's addiction, isn't she?" and I said yes, probably. Is she addiction to drugs, though, or to fame and fortune? Or - perhaps she really is just a beautiful mermaid who knows exactly where he lives and how to find him.

You can read Nereid here. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.