Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lev plays the Theremin.

A robot playing a Theremin.



It's cool. Because it's a robot - playing a Theremin!

I've posted before, rather briefly, about a Theremin, and there I think my point (if I had one) was that there was something awesome about Jimmy Page, a man who could not only play a Theremin, but also influence another man into being an instrument for him. It's entirely fitting that somebody somewhere can make a robot play a completely electronic instrument.
It's not quite as spiritually or as emotionally captivating, but it has something transcendent about it nevertheless. And you have to admire a man (I guess it's a man) who has the technical know-how, the patience AND the playfulness to pull it off.
Seen via Making Light.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.