Sunday, April 13, 2008

Skynet postponed.

From Gizmodo:

The army's machine-gun wielding, insurgent-slaying robot SWORDS is no longer spraying foes with hot doom in Iraq. Actually, it never got the chance to notch a single frag, and never will. Apparently, there was an incident where "the gun started moving when it was not intended to move," meaning it totally pointed somewhere it wasn't supposed to—like at friendlies, which resulted in recall from the field and might've set the program back 10-20 years, according to the Army's Program Executive Officer for Ground Forces, Kevin Fahey.

Phew. I'm having enough trouble with the lizard overlords to deal with the robot masters as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a scene in Robo-Cop. So now I have to worry about Lizard Overlords, the Gila Monster Gangs, and machine gun wielding robots. I'm going back to bed and pulling the covers over my head.

Lyle Hopwood said...

It doesn't stop them. They can see through walls.

http://www.therawfeed.com/2007/12/new-lobster-vision-cam-sees-through.html

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/nov05/2146

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.