Tuesday, November 10, 2009

London, in color, 1927

Astonishing color film of London, shot in 1927 using the "Friese Greene Colour Process". This is the closest thing to time travel I've experienced. Clocking up the similarities and differences between London today and London in the film occupied the whole ten minutes. Guards - the same. Embankment - the same. Majority of vehicles horse-drawn - not so much.

I'll embed it but it's worth a double-click as the picture is larger on YouTube's site.



(Seen via Making Light)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.