Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Song Remains the Same.

I went to the store this evening and I saw a guy there in a Led Zeppelin 1977 Tour t shirt. He looked about ten years older than I feel. I went up to him to ask him if he'd seen the 1977 tour and he said no. He'd seen Page & Plant on tour much later, though.

I told him I'd seen Led Zeppelin in 1975 at Earl's Court and in 1979 at Knebworth. He was awestruck and mentioned his mother had taken him to a 1977 concert but he'd been in the car, too young to get in.

This tells me I need to concentrate on younger men. If men too young to see Led Zeppelin in 1977 look like they're older than me, it's time to stop being honest. I need to start cradle robbing.

I can do a good enough imitation of a White Stripes fan to pass, I think - I could probably interest the over-30 Indie Rock demographic with a few well-placed lines. God knows what would happen if I sought the Dead Weather's principal fandom. It might be legal for me to importune over-18s, but I'm not sure I'd like to try on anyone under 25.

Or I can just stay with the arrangement I've got. That works.

3 comments:

Casey said...

What a cute story. I say go for it!

Lyle Hopwood said...

Hey, Casey, doin' anything Saturday night? Maybe we could catch, like, Band of Skulls or sth. LMK.

Lyle Hopwood said...

How was that? :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.