Friday, March 26, 2010

Movie corner

So, what I asked Jack White was, "Who is the figure on your bass drum?" and he said, "harry lime". And indeed it is. I could have figured that out for myself. It is Jack's favorite film.




I've never seen The Third Man. I did, however, have a musical box that played about 8 bars of the Harry Lime Theme over and over and over and over again. I loved that thing but eventually, as kids do, overwound it. In those days, you might find this hard to believe, musical boxes didn't come with a color screen displaying the art, otherwise I might have figured out the drum thing quicker. I can still sing the Harry Lime Theme on command.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.