Monday, December 13, 2010

Merry Christmas from the Met.

The Metropolitan Police are known as "The Filth" in London. That's not a hippy or commie thing or anything. Londoners have called them that for a long time. They do their best to live up to it, too.


However, the politicians side with their enforcers, of course.


I wonder if that tweet was true, yesterday, that was all over the net? The one that quoted David Cameron, the Prime Minister, talking about the student days of himself and Boris Johnson, the Mayor of London, back in 1986, when they weren't, yet. "Things got a bit out of hand. We smashed the place up and Boris set fire to the toilets” David Cameron, Oxford, 1986.″

Hmmm. Was he a leftie, or just an entitled toff? I think I know the answer to that.

How about America, since I live here now?

Elizabeth Edwards died this week, the estranged wife of Senator John Edwards, one-time Democratic Presidential nominee. She was the liberal one of the family, apparently pro-choice, in favor of gay rights and against the Iraq war.

This made Elizabeth Edwards so "hard-left" and 'communist" she didn't mention Jehovah in her parting statement!
You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces—my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined.
Apparently this makes her a special kind of ultra-Lefty.
Clearly Elizabeth Edwards wants to put her faith in something, be it hope or strength or anything. But not God. I wonder if it's just bitterness, that's she's been forsaken by more than just her estranged husband --- that's she's been forsaken by Him. And imagine if she'd have become First Lady. Americans generally expect outward expressions of faith in our presidents, Christian faith especially, and thus in our First Ladies as well. The Democratic base obviously doesn't care, as we can see in the "wow factor" expressed by the author at the American Prospect. Being anti-religion is cool, so Edwards' non-theological theology gets props from the neo-communists. Still, at her death bed and giving what most folks are calling a final goodbye, Elizabeth Edwards couldn't find it somewhere down deep to ask for His blessings as she prepares for the hereafter? I guess that nihilism I've been discussing reaches up higher into the hard-left precincts than I thought.

That's from Donald Douglas, who appears to be a bit of a knob-end. Let's find something a bit more sympathetic to her.

Ah, CNN's description of the funeral an obiturary-lite. What do we have here?
In addition to the eulogies....another friend, Glenn Bergenfield spoke, remembering when Elizabeth Edwards told staffers about her cancer. According to Bergenfield, she rubbed their backs as they sat on the couch, then turned to them and told them they had on awful shoes, and outlet shopping was necessary, right then and there.

Aw. Shopping makes it all better. How Hard Left.

Someone so far out of mainstream America that she couldn't quite thank god while dying of cancer, was defined by the actions of her son (famously dying) and husband (famously unfaithful) and had an opinion on fashionable footwear and the power of shopping. The Left is well-positioned in this country, I'd say.

(I don't want to dump on Mrs. Edwards personally. This is entirely aimed at the people who lionized and vilified her, and their choice of words.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.