Wednesday, December 22, 2010

San Juan Capistrano flood: When the levee breaks...

I hadn't realized the extent of the damage to the creek walls in San Juan Capistrano when I posted about the breach yesterday. Both sides are out; and the creek there is above the street level, making the creek walls a levee rather than a channel. If the levee breaks, then Led Zeppelin have told me what comes next.


Photo by GORDON TOKUMATSU and JULIE BRAYTON from NBC Los Angeles , who go on to say that 400 people have been asked to evacuate the low lying areas.

(You can click on the picture in the original NBC story for an enlarged view.)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.