Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Two new neighbors - the Hawks

A pair of hawks are nesting nearby. They're not afraid of people. I've seen them stand on people's cars. They are, however, very loud and messy - and exceptionally pretty.

Today Mr. Hawk ate a squirrel on my garden wall.



He flew off into the yuccas and left the rest for Mrs. Hawk.



Specifically, he left her the gooey bits. And I think he left the tail. I walked right up to him at one point, to read the water meter. He just stared at me.

They are both terrified of humming birds, who chase them away.

 (I have no idea which is the male and which is the female.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.