Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A definition of Science Fiction which pleases me.

Thinking musically, science fiction is what you get when fiction goes electric. You plug ideas into an effects box and play with all the settings - adding distortion, harmonics, sustain, feedback and maybe a little echo. Then you turn all the amplifiers up to eleven. - Chris Dolley

Chris Dolley's website is: www.humor.me.uk/mambo.

Perhaps that should be Chrïs Dölley.

Found at SF Signal, which also prints many more definitions, some rather longer and most less headbangy.

Found via Scalzi's blog.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.