Friday, September 12, 2008

Jimmy Page's Biggest Influence?


That's Wildwood Flower, with Larry Collins, Joe Maphis and Merle Haggard.

Look at little Larry. He has the doubleneck; the silver MSG jacket with epaulets; the silver stars on the pants; the little dance moves Jimmy does, and the sheer joy in playing.

Visual Evidence?
Jimmy's epaulets
epaulets


Jimmy's doubleneck
Photobucket

Jimmy's Stars
stars



Ramrod, Joe Maphis and Larry Collins

I know what you're going to say. But could Larry shred? Yes, he could!



Ladies and Gentlemen, Joe Maphis and Larry Collins!

Well, that's my dose of guitar pickin' genius for the day

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.