Friday, September 12, 2008

Large Hadrons and Lyn Collins

Large Hadron Rap: A sort of Old Skoolhouse Rap including all you needed to know about Higgs Bosons and the stuff that holds the universe together. In verse, with the "Whoo - Yeah!" sample that adds guaranteed pizzazz, even to nerds rapping about extra dimensions and dark matter.

The first big "Whoo - Yeah!" rap song was the legendary Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock's 1988 platinum-seller It Takes Two.


The awesome sample with a life of its own is from James Brown and Lyn Collins' 1972 hit Think About It. A tour de force in itself, the song provided rap - certainly Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock - with quite a lot of material.

The sample itself is taken from 1:24 to 1:36.

Lovely song.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.