Thursday, September 04, 2008

Singing to a Notion

I've mentioned the gym-goers' habit of listening to music while climbing to nowhere on the stairstepper before.

Today I saw a new phenomenon - the two women next to me were singing out loud as they listened to their MP3 players. Not in a quiet mumble or accidental lyrical leakage either, but while flinging their arms around and doing facial contortions, in fact performing the full singerly mannerisms as normally seen on TV. Unfortunately, cellphone cameras are banned in the gym so I can't show it to you. Anyway, I don't have a cellphone.

It occurs to me they were trying to drown out the sounds of the Republican National Convention on the gym's TVs. Which is probably a smart move.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.