Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dead Weather, Bowery Ballroom, April 14th.

It was the Dead Weather's first show - if you don't count the invite-only debut in Nashville in March - last night.

Here's the videos to tide you over until the bootlegs come out.



Sixty Feet Tall.

Ignore the first minute or so. For a startled moment there I assumed Dead Weather were playing Sure Nuff n'Yes I Do - I thought Alison Mossheart had developed a couple of extra octaves at the low end (I wouldn't put it past her). But it was a recording of Captain Beefheart, of course.



I Cut Like a Buffalo



Hang You From the Heavens

This is their single.

Don't know what to think yet. Rolling Stone were there and their review is a red mist of teen-weltanschauung post-apocalyptic black leather imagery, plus it mentions 'sexual menace', 'spite' and 'swagger' so I suppose that's all good then.

Unfortunately I seemed to have hypnotized myself by watching the Beefheart video when I found the hyperlinks for this post. I'm ruined for other music for a couple of days. Sorry Jack.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.