Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Bringer of war


Of course, musical similarities are nothing new.


I'm surprised, given how LOUD an orchestra is, that Holst's Mars, Bringer of War loses out in the decibel race here.





And Gustav Holst, the daddy





Rage Against the Machine's Wake Up is tremendous reworking of the old chestnut. When I first heard it, I did indeed sit bolt upright, awake for the first time in years. For some reason they don't allow embedding on blogs, though, so fuck them. If you want to leave this page to see a blank screen and hear Wake Up, you could click here.


Normally I'd upload the video to a non-YouTube site so you could watch it here, but ehhhhh...they're not actually obscure. They'll live without the clicks

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.