Sunday, April 01, 2012

Happy 40th, Glam Rock! My 1972 Diary, April



April 9th.
Went to Liverpool to see an Egyptian Exhibition and planetarium.

April 12th.
Went to Dews[bury] looking for doubleback. Double X, ha ha.

[Doubleback was a 1972 reissue of Tyrannosaurus Rex's My People Were Fair and Prophets, Seers and Sages.  This was the gateway drug that turned me from the most likely path for someone from my home town (i.e. becoming a Suedehead and getting pregnant at 15) into a far-too-young-for-it hippy.  But it wasn't available that day,  so it was a double-not, a pun I must have been happy with at the time.]

April 15th.
Went to Heckwike. Bought Double back.Very good. Missed Doctor Who listening to it. Went walking around some pub.

[I missed Doctor Who! I must have been really hooked.  'Walking around some pub'  - a public house, what would be a bar in this country - was my parents' favorite pastime apart from being inside the pub.]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.