Thursday, March 30, 2017

Pictures from the Phoenix trip

More from the Phoenix trip. 

Phoenix's mountains are fossilized Sorting Hats. 



The aquarium has some nice jellyfish, among other things. (I went to the zoo too, but didn't take any photos.)


The Trump billboard went up the day I arrived and generated a lot of buzz. What the articles didn't show is the billboard is in an artist's community, not over a main highway. 



 The back of the billboard.


The billboard has since been vandalized, hey, it's the libs who always cause the property damage, son, the right wing people always respect property. 

A screen in Taliesin West. I assume the decoration is a representation of the property. I forgot to ask.




The legendary Sa Gyu Ro cactus of the S'Morean dessert.


2 comments:

KaliDurga said...

What sort of place is Eleventh Monkey?

Lyle Hopwood said...

It looked to be hipster design - both fabrication and screenprinting. Not sure what they actually sell; I didn't go in. FWIW, they have stated that they lease the land but aren't responsible for what the billboard says.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.