Thursday, May 24, 2018

Angels Flight and 3rd Street Tunnel

This is where we left off, the 3rd Street tunnel exit under the Bank of America.


I walked up to the top of the hill and back down on to Hill Street. From there you can see the tunnel entrance and the bottom of Angel's Flight. The funicular used to be next to the tunnel but it was dismantled during the the big build-up on the crest of the hill and when it was put back together, it was half a block further away.

I did try to take a picture from the parapet of the tunnel exit, but the Bank of America security guard went into full security mode and wouldn't let me do it.


 The tunnel entrance isn't as pretty (or as crazed with cracks) as the exit. It looks like a multi-level parking structure or something.



To the left of it is the facade of Angel's Flight. Oh, it looks like it may be Angels Flight. Well, you learn something every day.



 Going up! It costs a dollar. Pay at the top.


 The funicular car interior. Lovely wood.


And the view back down the hill. The tunnel entrance would be to the left of this picture at the bottom.


The buildings above the tunnel entrance.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.