Sunday, August 26, 2018

What's Upside Down, Tiger Lily?

When I was a lass, What's Up Tiger Lily was the epitome of this sort of thing. Wait, not the epitome - the only example. Taking a whole visual text, and re-imagining it with a new, absurdist, soundtrack

Nowadays the kids - in this case, Bad Lip Reading - hit it out of the park on a regular basis.

This one takes Stranger Things and makes it suffer a sea change into Something Richer and Stranger Things. It takes on a new life, with new characters, new motivations and faint echoes of meaning.



A surrealist riot.

The songs are:

Glitter Job's Ice God of Hungary



And Seagulls' Stop It Now



Both of which are Bad Lip Reading again, just doing to songs what they do to movies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.