Friday, October 16, 2020

Winter is coming (yes, even though this week has been one long "heat advisory" warning)


 The House On The Hill Opposite That Lights Up At Dawn To Signal The Coming Of Autumn has taken a battering over the last few years. Abandoned - at least, it's been empty for years and it's not on the record as for sale - its grass is dead, ejecta is accumulating around its foundations and its windows are getting broken and boarded up. 

There's still a couple of intact windows that face the sunrise just before spring and just after the advent of fall, however. Yesterday was the day. 

Winter is coming. 




2 comments:

KaliDurga said...

Someone needs to buy and fix up House On The Hill Opposite That Lights Up At Dawn To Signal The Coming Of Autumn. I mean, who wants to rely on a calendar to know Autumn's begun when they could instead wait for a sun flare?

Lyle Hopwood said...

Exactly.
Unfortunately, the other houses on that hill are several million dollars each, so I don't think I have enough in the piggybank to buy the House On The Hill Opposite That Lights Up At Dawn To Signal The Coming Of Autumn.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.