Saturday, October 03, 2009

Sittin' spare

From Fast Company, a lovely slideshow of Led Zeppelin photos from the new book Led Zeppelin: Good Times, Bad Times, A Visual Biography of the Ultimate Band, by Jerry Prochnicky and Ralph Hulett, which I may be compelled to buy by forces outside my control.

Photos here.

Look at number 8, for instance - Jimmy Page playing his custom Gibson Black Beauty with the Bigsby tremelo arm, just a short time before it was stolen. Note the three pickup switches - it had been modded. It used to look like this:


Led Zeppelin, January 24th 1970, Leeds University refectory.

You'd think this ad, specifying the modification, would have sent it home to daddy, but alas the guitar remains stolen to this day.



On second thoughts, maybe I don't need another book on Led Zeppelin.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.