Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nashville, post flood: The drying

Although I flew into Memphis in September in a cross-fire hurricane (in the Houston area), the weather in Nashville, once I got there, was benign compared with my earlier stay in May. That corresponded with major floods.
Joe's Crab Shack was under water in May.


The Hard Rock was under water in May.


But Joe's Crab Shack was dry in this month.


And the Hard Rock was also dry in September.




The latter photo doesn't show that the river should have beenbe about forty feet below the level of the walkway beyond the Hard Rock Cafe.

That was a hell of a flood.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.