Monday, August 28, 2023

My day geckos

 A couple of lizards in my home brood. Grandis Day Geckos, Phelsuma grandis. (Formerly Phelsuma madagascariensis grandis.)  Unlike the average gecko in a pet shop, day geckos are awake during the day (hence the name) and so are fun to watch. You can't put one on your shoulder and go out to show off. In fact, even if you open the cage you risk losing them. They are nervous and incredibly fast. As pets they are more like exotic orchids. 

Below, Mr. F, the grandis day gecko. He was 28 years old in July. No, they don't usually live this long.


Below, Baby grandis day gecko, born on 7th July 2023.

Mr F is not the dad. He's a bit past it. The baby's dad is a beautiful high crimson grandis called Legs.  He's hard to photograph because he's skittish. Maybe later. 





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.