Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Time Is on My Side

I don't know why it is, that I am uninterested in the details of Joran van der Sloot's reported confession that he killed Stephanie Flores, five years after his link to the disappearance of Natalie Holloway, and yet I'm fascinated by the details of the death of Otzi.

To me, but obviously not to most, there's more vigor and excitement in Otzi's cold case than in the current one. Who fired the arrow that killed him - and why did they rip out the shaft later - to try to cover it up? Did they then strike him on the head to finish him off?

Why did he have defensive wounds on his hands from several days before?

What had he been eating recently, and did that indicate whether he was on the run?

And why was he 46, when people are keen to tell us the average age of death was 20 or 5 or something in those days? (I know the answer to that one. Child mortality brings the 'average age" of death down to something ridiculous. But people who survived childhood lived as long as we do - well, into their sixties, at least. There seems to be amazing pressure out there to tell people that their ancestors didn't make it to 40.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.