Sunday, August 01, 2010

Bootlegging teh vinyl

Although this site goes to great pains to point out it should only be done for out of copyright 78s, we know better, don't we, kidz?

How to copy vinyl/acetate records.

I have to say I love the bit about how the copies sound better than the original. No, I really do. If someone can explain the way that works, we could solve entropy, which would be a remarkable breakthrough.

Edit: I just noticed that site recommends you play your new record on a turnstile. I know it's just a typo but it's weird that turntables are so rare that the word can be replaced in your mind by such an infrequently-used term as turnstile.

[Partial link from Wayback Machine, accessed 10/2017]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.