Monday, January 30, 2012

The roads must roll

When a state is unable to service the infrastructure under its purview, it means the state is decadent. We've known for a couple of years that California is broke, but for California to explicitly say it's not going to look after some roads...that's the beginning of the end. 

Here, we learn that difficult roads are toast, so to speak. 

In a standoff with federal forest officials, Caltrans is proposing to abandon a popular, cliff-hanging highway in the San Gabriel Mountains because it is too expensive to maintain.
Caltrans' proposal to walk away from California Highway 39, enjoyed by an estimated 3 million people a year, comes as the state struggles to close a $9.2-billion budget shortfall.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.