Monday, February 06, 2012

Newt's Spider Sense

I learned a little more about Newt Gingrich over the weekend. Gingrich famously ripped into would-be President Mittens after Romney said, "I'm not concerned about the very poor -- we have a safety net there."

Hearing this, Gingrich rode into the fray as a white knight. According to the LA Times he 'hammered' Romney by saying, "If you're a genuine conservative, first of all, you don't say that you don't care about the poor."

At which I went into the kitchen and built a large, overloaded bacon sandwich, merely in order to drop it in shock.

Luckily for my kitchen floor, Gingrich quickly explained this unlikely outburst by going on to add, "We think it is the left which has abandoned the poor because its safety net is actually a spider web and it traps people into dependency."

For a moment I thought Gingrich might have some sort of pseudo-humanity, but then he went on to say it's not lack of care about the poor that's the problem, it's the presence of the safety net that's a problem.

Glad we got that cleared up, and I'm looking forward to increased opportunities to live in a cardboard box under a bridge during a Gingrich administration.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.