Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Sunless (short story) now free to read at IZ Digital


Tomey climbs the orbital funicular. Illustration by Juliana Pinho


 My story Sunless is currently in the free-to-read tier at IZ Digital. 


‘Tomey,’ the woman said again. She caught his arm and he let her rush him into a backroom.

‘How do you know my name?’ he said, checking his clothes. It surprised him to see so much blood, and not all of it the thick, dark blood of humankind.

‘It’s not a secret,’ she said.

She was a Kuru. Horns resembling those of a ram, eight of them, curled tightly over her skull like a helmet. She had ten eyes, eight black in two groups of four and two larger, more human eyes beneath.

 

Illustration by Juliana Pinho.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.