Monday, April 02, 2007

Bear on Battlestar Galactica

Bear McCreary, Battlestar Galactica's wonderful soundtrack man, has a blog. This entry discloses secrets, such as what key his version of All Along the Watchtower is in. And how to tune the guitars to get there.



Oh, and stuff about the origin of Cylons and the mystery of Earth. There's a sample of his blog hidden below. Mouse over to view.


I happened to catch Ron Moore in the hallway at Universal and, in a brief conversation, got everything I needed to know. I learned that the idea was not that Bob Dylan necessarily exists in the characters' universe, but that an artist on one of the colonies may have recorded a song with the exact same melody and lyrics. Perhaps this unknown performer and Dylan pulled inspiration from a common, ethereal source. Therefore, I was told to make no musical references to any "Earthly" versions, Hendrix, Dylan or any others. The arrangement needed to sound like a pop song that belonged in the Galactica universe, not our own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.