Sunday, January 18, 2009

Obama Day

Obama day tomorrow. I can't wait.

I knew it was a bad sign back in 2002 when George Bush said, "There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again."


Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002. Sorry about the laugh track.

The correct words just would not come out. Someone who is pathologically unable to say "shame on me" was always going to be a problem, and this proved to be the case. In his final speech, he was unable to take responsibility for anything that might have gone wrong during his tenure.

Here's a few other things he said, courtesy of about.com. I hesitate to put these here because they give the impression that the man was funny. There's nothing funny about the Bush presidency.

I'm just glad it's over.

Collected by Daniel Kutczman of About.com. More where these came from

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" --Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." --Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." --Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." --LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." --Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." -Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

"I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." --Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." --Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

And:

"They misunderestimated me." --Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

No, I didn't. But I had to put up with you anyway.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.