Friday, September 10, 2010

Mercy Lounge, Americana Music Festival 2010

Just back from an evening of watching Dale Watson, Wanda Jackson and the Dex Romweber Duo in Nashville. What an excellent time, particularly seeing a bunch of under-21's (judging by the magic marker on their hands) grooving to a rockabilly queen. You may recall my astonishment at the advanced age of the people we've seen so far on this trip - well, 73 year old Wanda attracted the exceptions.

Oh, there was one old timer boogeing by the side of the stage. Jack White was there. You know you've picked a decent dance club when someone like that turns up. (LJ was around as well, which proves the groove.)

More in the morning...oh, it is the morning. Well, more later, then.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.