Friday, November 30, 2012

Grandis Day Gecko

Fatty, my Phelsuma madagascariensis grandis [1] can't actually see the television from where he is, but if it weren't for that, I'd have to assume he was taking lessons from the Geico Gecko.  Here he is warming up in the early morning under a heat lamp. (It's a chicken brooder lamp, in fact.)

He hasn't learned to speak yet, though, with or without the Cockney accent.



The Fatster is at least fifteen years old - we bought him fully grown in the mid-nineties.

[1] With a species name like that, you can tell why we call them things like Geico or Fatty for short.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.