Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Mingering Mike

Mingering Mike is the work of an 'outsider artist', Mike Stevens. Stevens created an imaginary soul and funk career for his alter ego, drawing more than 50 album covers in all, starting in the late sixties.

The career of Mingering Mike was almost lost until the stack of albums turned up at a flea market. They were bought by record collectors Dori Hadar and Frank Beylotte, Stevens was tracked down, and Mingering Mike's career sputtered to a start again. His album Super Gold Greatest Hits was released in 2008, consisting of tracks recorded on his reel to reel in the sixties. The artwork continues to be exhibited.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.