Sunday, February 24, 2008

Transformers (DVD, 2007)

I just saw Transformers. Not sure why; I didn't order it. It was actually far better than I thought it would be. Great production values and some astonishingly well-framed shots, particularly of violence and mayhem. (It's a Michael Bay film.) I particularly loved the girl's slo-mo scream during a rocket attack near one of the endings. Bravo!

However it went on approximately four thousand hours too long and the creepily obvious attempt to stuff in every single stereotype character from every film ever made - I couldn't possibly begin to list them all, I'd fall asleep - makes me give this a thumbs down.
And for its implicit assumption that the only humans ever to have lived on Earth are Southern Californians from the year ca. 2000, I sentence the writers and directors to be hanged from a bridge by their feet pour encourager les autres.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.