Saturday, December 05, 2009

American Girl

A few friends of mine recently discussed Tom Petty's American Girl, and decided it's a perfect song. I think that was unanimous, or at least we ignored anyone dumb enough not to agree. Here's a couple of videos of Brendan Benson and Cory Chisel playing American Girl on Brendan's current tour.

BB is such a connoisseur of power pop that his version has all the joys of the original.

The one with the good sound:


The one where the sound's not great but you can watch BB playing a Telecaster, which just totally floats my boat. I love Teles.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.