Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stars, and their lofty ideals

I've always thought John Mayer was a bit of an idiot. He's proved it recently. No one, surely, can ignore his remarks like,

"Do black women throw themselves at you?" And just in case he wasn't already in enough trouble already, Mayer actually answered the question by saying: "I don't think I open myself to it. My [penis] is sort of like a white supremacist. I've got a Benetton heart and a [expletive] David Duke penis]."


There's a whole raft of these things in the LA Times.

Later - when he'd been called out- he said

"I am sorry that I used the ('N') word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself," Mayer said in a Twitter posting late on Wednesday.

"It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged," he added, saying he would never say the word again.

Mayer, who is currently on a U.S. and Canadian tour to promote his latest album "Battle Studies", said he thought it was time "to stop trying to be so raw in interviews."
(Reuters)

I'd care except I already assumed he was a douche.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.