Sunday, February 20, 2011

Surfing in on a putrid tide

I always wondered what happened to That Petrol Emotion. I loved Chemicrazy.
It turned out that nothing happened to them. They broke up shortly after and have recently re-emerged as a festival band, like everyone else. That's a shame, unless you're you're a festival goer.

But in the eighties, when I wasn't listening to Pop Will Eat Itself, I was listening to That Petrol Emotion, and they were supplying my jones with a wonderful guitar-based boogie, their completely internalized Chuck Berry riff, endlessly mutating to provide top-shelf pop.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.