Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Under Great White Northern Lights

Hey, after selling a pint of blood and waiting four months, the White Stripes box set has finally arived. And boy does it look great. The overall packet is sweet sweet sweet.

It remains to be seen/heard what it sounds like, but I've heard no complaints so far. I will be carefully peeling bits open and playing them over the next few months like Lord Carnavon during the Tutankhamun dig, and being just as careful in presenting my findings.

Meanwhile, White Stripes live! Woot!

More to come.

ETA: Since the question was asked in comments, here's the details. (Edit: http://www.whitestripes.com/ugwnl_boxset/ now gone, resulting in some confusion between the boxed set and the vinyl-only LPs. Try Discogs for details. 08/2017)

2 comments:

Bruv said...

Hi Sis

Which box set are you referring to, the only version of UGWNL that I have seen in the UK is the normal 2 disc CD cased version that I got yesterday.

Bruv

Lyle Hopwood said...

This one. Which is why I had to sell my blood to get it.

http://www.whitestripes.com/ugwnl_boxset/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.