Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Apollo 17 - forty years ago today

Forty years ago today, man came home from the moon for the last time[1]. Since then we've stayed away. Forty years is a long time - almost two generations.



When I was a kid I thought exploring other worlds was a normal thing to do, and I was disappointed to learn that it isn't. I am still disappointed.

Apollo 17.

[1] However, we have since stopped calling a bunch of men who represent humanity "man", which has been regarded as tremendous progress, a bit like calling actresses actors. Now we call "man" humanity, and in compensation, women have been renamed "bitches". Our language is going somewhere (albeit in a handbasket) even if the actual speakers are not.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.