Thursday, December 27, 2012

RIP Gerry Anderson

Gerry Anderson provided much of the fuel of my childhood.  I wasn't allowed to watch anything not on BBC, but even so, I managed to see Supercar, Thunderbirds, Fireball XL5, Stingray and Space: 1999.

Stingray provided my first attempts at fanfics and SF fantasies - at seven or eight, I was happily writing scripts for the programme. The more wide-open world and plot of Captain Scarlet seemed to attract the most, but I was a Stingray girl forever.



RIP Gerry Anderson and thanks for the worlds you built in Supermarionation.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.